Do you write diary?

The point of diary is that you write it every day, like brushing your teeth.

I am appalled (to overcome with consternation, shock, or dismay ) by people who say they only write when they have something interesting to record. In my eyes, a diary is not about highlights, but quotidian.(everyday, ordinary) It is about what you think and do on a dull day as much as on an exciting one. Of course maybe you will write more on an exciting one. But recording the dog days (boring days) has the value too.

My earliest diary dates from 13 years ago, when I was in the fourth grade in the primary school. My father sent me a diary notebook as my birthday present. Plus, it was also with a small lock and key. I was so excited that I could own such a beautiful notebook and can write my own thoughts and life. What is more, I felt the respect from my parents due to the lock of the notebook. Although mostly I wrote some simple sentences and meaningful things in present eyes, the diary became my necessary diary work in the late teens. “
Today, I went to the grandmother’s home to play games with her. It is sunny and the flowers are smiling to me.” “Today, my teacher praised me because of my excellent examination results. I have to work harder to get higher scores.”

Later, the diary became my Pensees from my high school. I had a crush on a handsome boy. I wrote down the emotions in words to seek a balance between my study and my emotions. Plus, I had so many different friends in the high school. Sometimes, we quarreled and envied each other. So the awful things and feelings were also written down in the diary. But, it is patchy during this time thanks to the busy and competitive high school period.

Why is the use of a diary? It is like asking what is the use of going to the university-if you are asking in that tone of voice, you probably should not do it. If you are writer, it is simply to exercise the writing muscle, the way singers do scales or football do training. Nobody has to read it. I like to imagine that in extreme old age I will sit down and read my diaries and then read them again and then maybe burn them. More likely I will drop dead one day while writing, “God my life is ``````”

Now, thanks to the high technology, I choose the bolg as my way of writing diary. It has its own special advantages compared the traditional way. I hope the website will be stable and permanent, because it is a kind of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is an utter waste of time

awful people

Do you still remember your first time being loved by someone?