safe in a crazy world

I am listening a wonderful song by Corrinne May: safe in a crazy world

Safe in a crazy world

I try to smile my tears away,
I try to keep my cool. Oh but one more door gets in my way
I feel like such a fool Trampled and bitter,
My heart just wants to bleed and stop Believing in me.
It feels like nothing is for certain and that nothing comes for free
When they're lowering the curtain to the theatre of my dreams
I stumble and i crumble and I'm sinking to my knees for you
You cradle me

You keep me flying
You keep me smiling
You keep me safe in a crazy world
You understand me Embrace my fragility
You keep me safe in a crazy world
And in your arms I find the strength to believe in me again

Noise keeps chasing me No matter where I go
Oh and life likes pretending that it's on a TV show
When it's hard to tell what's real From
what the world just wants to preach
You are the voice I seek

You keep me flying
You keep me smiling
You keep me safe in a crazy world
understand me Embrace my fragility
You keep me safe in a crazy world
And in your arms I find the strength to believe in me again
'cause when I'm wrapped up in your arms
Nothing else can touch me
What a wonderful way to recharge
I feel like I can breathe again

You keep me flying
You keep me smiling
You keep me safe in a crazy world
You understand me Embrace my fragility
You keep me safe in a crazy world
And in your arms I find the strength to believe in me again



Although the lyric is great, the fact is no one can give other people the permanent safety. Everyone of us can not get rid of the feeling of loneliness, because we are all lonely in the world.

As shown in a novel book, named the heart is lonely hunter, which is a work of a supreme artist, Carson McCuller’s enduring masterpiece. The novel chronicles the story of a deaf-mute man and his connection to several lonely inhabitants of a small Southern town. The book has been landed for its sharp insights into the awkwardness and frustration associated with adolescence, unrealized love, spiritual isolation, and the failure of interpersonal communication.

It is set in a small town in Georgia in the late 1930s. The main character is John Singer, a deaf-mute, who befriends four alienated characters who consider him a kindred spirit and believe that only Singer can understand their plight.

The four persons are as following:
Mick Kelly, an adolescent girl, who is forced by poverty and strict gender roles to give up her dream of a career in music;
Benedict Copeland, a disillusioned African-American doctor and civil right activist;
Jack Blount, a political radical;
Biff Brannon, a lonely and sexually ambiguous restaurant owner, who has increasingly been withdrawn from human contact sine the death of his wife.

Each of them frustrated and isolated characters is drawn to Singer and believes that he cares about them and empathizes with their situation. Yet in reality, Singer listens only to be polite and is a bit confused by their attention and expectation. In fact, he cares only for his mute friend Antonapoulous, an enigmatic man who has been placed in a mental institution. When Antonapoulous dies, a bereaved Singer commits suicide. Kelly, Blount, Copeland, and Brannon are left to make sense of his death and continue their frustrated search for love and acceptance.

So, it is a little acid and ridiculous. Every of them thinks others understands them and can accept their emotions and love. But the fact is not. All of them are tender, complex, and lonely. They are struggling to express themselves, find acceptance and love, and fulfill their dreams. The answer is themselves.

Comments

Yvette said…
if possible, the book is worthy of reading

Popular posts from this blog

It is an utter waste of time

awful people

Do you still remember your first time being loved by someone?