my impossible mission--buying train ticket

The peak transport on the train in the spring festival (chunyun春运) is the particular and special phenomena in China.

Every year before and after the spring festival, China's railways will carry about 140million people to various places. The majority will be migrant workers (民工) and students. Students seem luckier than the migrant workers because of their privileges. They can book a ticket 12 days(Hangzhou, other cities may be different) in advance versus 11days for migrant workers.

However, for those from provinces with a lot of labourers, such as Anhui, Sichuan, Jiangxi, Henan, Shaanxi, most in the westsouth and westnorth, getting a ticket can mean a lot more effort.

According to the government, " No price increases during this year's spring festival". In fact, it is a only word game. It is harder and more difficult to get a ticket. Most of the tickets have been flowed into the scalpers (黄牛)or agencies.

Yesterday, I got up at 4a.m. to get the railway station. It was not until 8a.m. to sell the student tickets within 12 days. At first, I felt a little lucky because there were only 7 persons in front of me. To my disappointed, however, there was no ticket to go any city in Henan province. I was despaired and crazy. How could it be possible? When I returned back, my classmate told me that there was someone to sell my aimed ticket on the Internet, but nearly two times higher than the previous price. How could those people to get the tickets? Is is the particular phenomena in China?

For everyone in China, it is worth the effort if he can go home. No matter how much the price is, or no matter how difficult to get the requested ticket. But, for those who have not any money, it will mean they will stand for 20-40 hours on the trip with standing tickets.

At last, I bought a ticket of Fuyang in Anhui province. Anyway, it is near from Henan province. I plan to buy ticket of Luoyang to get home after I arrive at Fuyang if possible. If it is really congested and I can not get on the train, buying the bus ticket is my least choose. I hate bus due to my car sickness. It seems to kill me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is an utter waste of time

awful people

Do you still remember your first time being loved by someone?