why do l like reading literature

I am fond of reading literature, although I am engineering student. By it, I could get a lot of fun and enjoyable time. Someone maybe argue that it is possible to kill time.

Of course not. Literature not only provides pleasure for me in my spare time, but also shows me the reality,kindness and beauty of the world. It is literature that teaches me to face all kinds of difficulties and mischiefs.


Different from technical books and journalism, literature does not present knowledge or information of science and technology, nor does it narrate the daily news or event. Values as works of arts, literature includes drama, fiction, essay, poetry and biography. Reading these literary forms can broaden our version and enrich our knowledge, especially the understanding toward the history of our own country, the culture of other countries ,and the development of the whole world, hence makes us a full man.

Every literary form has its own benefit for us. For example, from reading drams and essays, we can have a thorough understanding toward life. Because they directly come from the real life, but surpass it as the same time. Fully showing the problems and significance of life, drama and essay are really very thought provoking.

As for fiction, it can develop our imagination. It is a world of giants, fairy ladies and magic power. In this imaginary world, we can reshape our world. With the ring of imagination, we can fly higher and father, and realize our dreams.

Reading poetry can make us full of inspiration. Poems are usually profound and metaphorical, and it can cultivate our ability of appreciation. And biography, is rather informative and instructive. We can make friends with a lot of outstanding people, who come to us so vividly. Their words and deeds deeply move me ,their spirit and thought greatly encourage me.

In a word, literature can enrich my knowledge, enlighten me on life, provide me with thought, develop my ability of imagination, appreciation and writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is an utter waste of time

awful people

Do you still remember your first time being loved by someone?